Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fresh lentil sprouts from store bought lentils

You can buy a 1 pound pack of lentils for a little over 1 dollar. I love lentils so they make up a big part of my dry long term storage.  One thing I like to do is whenever I go to the grocery store to buy anything I pick up one package of lentils, split peas, or dry beans. If you use this method of slow accumulation you will be filling 5 gallon buckets before you know it.
Sprouting is something I have been looking into to get more variety into my diet and also it gives me another way to use up long term storage items.
Check out this excellent tutorial on making sprouts from store bought lentils… seems nice and easy.
http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/2009/02/19/how-to-grow-sprouts/

No comments:

Post a Comment