Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Major benefit of a Foldable Water Bucket

I was just at a seminar this weekend and they suggested a folding water bucket. The more I thought about it, the better idea it seemed.

The major benefit is being able to take water back to your camp before filtering it. In a bug out situation, the last thing I want to do is stay in one spot on the river/lake bank long enough to be spotted. With a water bucket, you can take it back to camp with you and filter it under concealment.

It also allows sediment to collect at the bottom of the bucket extending the life of a pump filter. It will also give you cleaner water to fill with if using a chemical treatment.

You can also use it as a gathering bucket, washbasin or a drybag. I am going to try this out the next few times camping and if it makes the cut, I will add it to my essential gear list. Of course I would like to see if there is one that is not bright orange LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment