Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Survival Q&A – Where to Start?

Q: One of our readers asks……. I like all the info you provide. What would you recommend for someone who has no experience whatsoever in survival? & doesnt even know where to begin? Lately I’ve been hearing a lot of stuff about being prepared and it’s making me nervous that I’m not prepared. Where & how do I begin? Thanks.
A. Start with the Basics….. I would start with the basics. You need Water, Shelter and Food to survive .

Water

  • Make sure you have plenty of water stockpiled at home. I recommend a Gallon a day per person, and you should have no less than a weeks supply of bottled water on hand at all times
  • Invest in a good Quality Water Filter. Without water, your as good as dead, and if you do find water without the proper filtration you still may be in trouble. We recommend the Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter.
  • Make a list of all the place where you can find water during an emergency. Check out our article on Emergency Water sources in an Urban environment.

Shelter

Food

And one last thing, Study and Practice, Practice, PRACTICE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment