Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Monday, March 1, 2010

Food Storage Recipes: “Lemon Bars with a Twist”

Ever since I was a little girl my mom would make me these bars on or around my birthday. I LOVE them. They don’t even really have a name other then my “Birthday Bars”. They are kind of like a lemon bar but the filling is made with brown sugar instead of lemon, like a sugar pie type filling! YUM!
Since it’s not my birthday, I don’t have a batch to take a picture of but I’ll update the blog with one soon! Just imagine this lemon bar picture with a brown sugar filling instead!

lemon

Julie’s Birthday Bars Recipe

Crust-
1 c butter
½ c powdered sugar
½ tsp salt
2 c flour
Filling Sugar-
2 eggs (can use 2 T. dry egg powder + 1/4 C. water)
2 c brown sugar (can make your own brown sugar)
2 T vinegar
½ c melted butter
Directions:
Spread crust in two 9 x 13 pans.
Mix filling and place on top of crust.
Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.
Enjoy a delicious treat for your birthday or any other time!


For other food storage recipes check out:

Our Food Storage Recipes Page
Our Food Storage Made Easy eBook Binder
Our sister site EverydayFoodStorage.NET
I Can’t Believe It’s Food Storage book by Crystal Godfrey
Country Beans book by Rita Bingham


No comments:

Post a Comment