- Place your jars into your canning pot, fill with water and bring to a boil. Because this jelly is only processed for five minutes, you need to add this jar sterilization step.
- Put your lids in a small pot and bring to a very gentle simmer (180°F degrees) while you make the jam.
- In a large, non-reactive pot, combine the sugar and orange juice and bring them to a boil. Cook at a boil until they’re greatly reduced. Using an instant read thermometer, watch until the pot reaches 220°F degrees (this is important. Skip this step and you’ll end up with orange syrup in place of your jelly). Add the liquid pectin and allow to boiling for an additional five minutes (the goal is to reach 200°F degrees again and maintain it for at least three minutes).
- Pour the jelly into prepared jars. Wipe rims, apply lids and screw on bands. Process in a boiling water canner for five minutes.
- Can you get Michelin Stars for jelly? (catsyellowdays.wordpress.com)
- You don’t have to add sugar to homemade marmalade, jam, jelly, or fruit butter (examiner.com)
- rhubarb & orange jam (cooking-spree.com)
- Brandied Apple Blackberry Jelly (ewermter.wordpress.com)