A small plate with a serving of mashed potatoes. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)Image via Wikipedia
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in the egg, cheese, onions and bacon bits. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in bread crumbs. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.
- 3 Ingredient Mock Mashed Potatoes (hip2save.com)
- Mashed Potato Casserole (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Mashed Potatoes (answers.com)
- I think I’ll do the mashed potatoes (Does This Make Me a Pervert?) (barkinginthedark.wordpress.com)