Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Monday, February 27, 2012

Food Storage Recipe: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls

Original Article

It's important to try to find healthy, filling meals for your food storage plan.  I also think it's important to have snacks and treats in your food storage plan!  If you had to eat for three months only from your food storage, wouldn't you hope that you have something snack-y and tasty on hand?  I know I would.

My mother-in-law sent me this recipe a few months ago.  It's easy, quick, and my my kids loved it.  Trifecta!  (Unfortunately, I don't know where this recipe originally comes from so I can't give credit where credit is due.  If you know, please tell me!).

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
Ingredients

½ cup creamy peanut butter (you could use any nut butter)
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon milk (use powdered milk & water)
1 cup quick oats
Cinnamon sugar

Combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, milk, and oats.  

Roll your dough into bite-sized balls (about 20-25), then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.  Chill for 15 minutes.

(I did not roll mine in cinnamon sugar and they still tasted great!  These would also be really good with mini chocolate chips!!)
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment