“In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.”StumbleUpon.com offers Finances in 55 Seconds: Quick Car Maintenance, six ideas for your car that take less than a minute each.
- Do a quick de-clutter: Grab a bag and remove all the trash in your car. You may want a second bag for all the clutter that has accumulated.
- Check the fluids and top them off: Regularly check your fluids and top them off as needed.
- Look for leaks: Take a few seconds to look under the car for leaks. You can save yourself greater costs and aggravation if you take care of issues now.
- Check your tires: Properly inflated tires can be helpful as you work on improving your fuel efficiency. Check and "fill-up" all four tires. While you at it, look also for cuts, bulges and tread depth.
- Check filters: If you have the know-how, you can quickly check your own filters, and possibly even change them.
- Check lights: With a friend you can quickly check your light bulbs on brake lights, as well as your turning signal and head lamps. Change all burnt out lights.
Check your car at least monthly for the items above. The total time is only a few minutes.