Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Episode 102 - Repacking for Food Storage, Part 2

podcast_subscribeImage by derrickkwa via Flickr

Original Article

Last podcast, I started a small series on Repacking for Food Storage, where I talked about what my goals were and how I was increasing my food storage and how I was going to go about doing that, specifically, in how I was going to repack the bulk foods that I've purchased.

In this part, I continue my discussion on the issues I've been having with various aspects of repacking food, including issues with mylar bags and old O2 absorbers. Discussing the various aspects of using Mylar and Foodsaver bags for food storage and giving tips for using both.

Food storage should be an important part to your preparations, but from experience, I know that this can be one of the more challenging aspects to getting prepared. By sharing the errors and successes I've experienced, I'm hoping to spare you the time and expense of making the same mistakes I have.

One of the things I did was to transfer the Morning Moo (milk) that I bought into mylar bags and reseal it in the same bucket. These types of tasks, including doing inventory and inspection on your food, is hard work, but it's worth it.

Popout




No comments:

Post a Comment