Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Product Review: HotHands-2 Hand Warmers

HeatMax Hot Hands 2 Handwarmer (40 pairs)HotHands-2 Hand Warmers 
www.handwarmers.net


Many of you have probably tried a product similar to this at one time.

It's been some time since I used one and after refreshing my memory with this review, I'll be throwing a few in my vehicles and kits.


Not being winter, it wasn't really feasible to do field trials on these, so I did my best with a stopwatch and a thermometer.


The product comes in a typical foil pouch. Fairly thick and sturdy. I don't think you'd have any issues with these tearing or otherwise opening by accident. In fact, if you don't notice the small opening point, you'll be using a knife to get it open, as I did. :)


I activate one package and timed it over a 12 hour period with a thermometer attached.
It reached a maximum temperature of 50.5c (123F) in a family short time and maintained that over the course of the test. When I gave up checking on it and went to bed, it was still showing that same temp.

The package reads "up to 10 hours of heat", so that was impressive.

In a survival or even a comfort situation, these warmers could be invaluable. 


They also come in several sizes:
Body, Foot, Hand, and Insole Warmers.

All in all, I'd say a good quality and useful product. 


If you'd like to try some for yourself, head on over to www.handwarmers.net and check out their line of products.







No comments:

Post a Comment