FlipBoard

Welcome to our new Magazine format! All new content will now be brought to you in this easy, new format. All our older content can still be found by scrolling below. Simply click the ">" to start the magazine and navigate via your arrow keys.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fire Piston

EA put up a few threads about fire pistons. In answering his question as to why I didn't have one, I just didn't - no particular reason. Then when he posted the videos of making one, I thought - I could do that.....sort of.

Materials list:

1/2" copper pipe
1/2" copper end cap
1/2" dowel
#8 rubber o-ring
scrap wood

I cut the pipe and dowel, made the slot for the o-ring with a file, used a 1/4" drill bit for the recessed end.












We've been getting some pretty impressive afternoon thunderstorms lately. Here's the view from outside my workshop while I was working.