WW II CHOCOLATE CAKE
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Sift together the flour, cocoa, soda and salt.
2. Cream together the sugar, mayonnaise, water and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; stir until well blended.
4. Pour batter into greased and floured layer cake pans (or a 9- x 13-inch pan).
Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes
Soda Pop Cake
1 box cake mix
10 oz can soda
1/3 c mashed white beans
1. Place beans in blender and process until smooth. (Add 1 Tablespoon water to cooked beans or use water from canned beans)
2. Combine ingredients and bake according to directions on box.
For flavor combinations:
lemon cake and orange soda
vanilla cake and cream soda
chocolate cake and cherry sodaWacky Cake
A WWII favorite when foods eggs and milk were scarce.
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups water
3/4 cup oil
2 TB. vinegar
1 bag chocolate chips (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
3. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl (except chocolate chips).
4. Add wet ingredients and quickly mix with hand mixer until everything is incorporated.
5. Immediately pour cake batter into greased pan.
Optional: Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of cake.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Frost cake with your favorite frosting, or dust with powdered sugar.
Your turn to share! Don’t forget Our Contest!
****Win a Consultation!***
To help motivate you to share I am offering the chance for you to win a personal one hour consultation. This will be a phone call where you can ask any questions you may have. You may even ask a group of friends to join you on a conference call or just using your speaker phone. To win one of five consultations just refer five friends to blog.totallyready.com and our yahoo group. Have them mention your email address when they log into the yahoo group and leave a comment on any blog post. Ten friends and you get two chances to win. Fifteen friends and I will call you, guaranteed! It’s that simple. Watch for other special offers as we progress. I know I don’t want to look back when things get worse and think I could have done more to help you.
Confused about the solar storms NASA is anticipating? Take some time and listen to my show with Halli.
Join Our Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TotallyReady/
Subscribe to our Newsletter: http://blog.totallyready.com/announcing-the-totally-ready-newsletter/