FlipBoard

Welcome to our new Magazine format! All new content will now be brought to you in this easy, new format. All our older content can still be found by scrolling below. Simply click the ">" to start the magazine and navigate via your arrow keys.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Keeping Your Gas Tank Full

If I had a nickle for every time I heard somebody say that they had to stop for gas for their car because they were almost on empty, I could probably buy my own gas station.

Ever hear anyone say, "I almost ran out of gas on the way here because I didn't have time to stop?"

Considering the myriad of reasons that we may have to bug out or drive a significant distance with no notice, stopping for gas because you're car is sitting in your driveway with only fumes in the tank could be a fatal or more than inconvenient delay. Even if you keep a store of gas at home, you may not have time to transfer it to your car or BOV.

Whenever my gas guage gets below 1/2 full, I stop for gas. Yep, I probably make twice as many stops that way, but I feel better knowing I have a full tank.

And by the way, many fuel pumps fail because they get overworked by constantly pumping from a tank that's running close to empty.

So, I keep my tank full. Just sayin'.