FlipBoard

Welcome to our new Magazine format! All new content will now be brought to you in this easy, new format. All our older content can still be found by scrolling below. Simply click the ">" to start the magazine and navigate via your arrow keys.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Solar Cooking


I have been studying about new methods of solar cooking. I realized I need to know this skill much better than I do. I pretty much just dabble with it and I need to know it as a skill.

When doing research I came upon this blog by "Sloar Oven Chef" she started last year and cooking everyday it is sunny in her solar oven. This is about her journey - her successes and failures. She shares what she learned from the failures. It is a great read.
http://solarovenchef.blogspot.com/

This site explains how to make a solar oven from a windshield shade that is pictured above:
http://www.solarcooking.org/plans/windshield-cooker.htm

I have learned alot, still have more research to do on this...most important is I need to practice.
I am in Idaho and the weather is pretty finicky right now, but when it levels out, I am going to cook every sunny day this summer, so I can learn how to do this.