FlipBoard

Welcome to our new Magazine format! All new content will now be brought to you in this easy, new format. All our older content can still be found by scrolling below. Simply click the ">" to start the magazine and navigate via your arrow keys.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Food Storage Recipes: “Lemon Bars with a Twist”

Ever since I was a little girl my mom would make me these bars on or around my birthday. I LOVE them. They don’t even really have a name other then my “Birthday Bars”. They are kind of like a lemon bar but the filling is made with brown sugar instead of lemon, like a sugar pie type filling! YUM!
Since it’s not my birthday, I don’t have a batch to take a picture of but I’ll update the blog with one soon! Just imagine this lemon bar picture with a brown sugar filling instead!

lemon

Julie’s Birthday Bars Recipe

Crust-
1 c butter
½ c powdered sugar
½ tsp salt
2 c flour
Filling Sugar-
2 eggs (can use 2 T. dry egg powder + 1/4 C. water)
2 c brown sugar (can make your own brown sugar)
2 T vinegar
½ c melted butter
Directions:
Spread crust in two 9 x 13 pans.
Mix filling and place on top of crust.
Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.
Enjoy a delicious treat for your birthday or any other time!


For other food storage recipes check out:

Our Food Storage Recipes Page
Our Food Storage Made Easy eBook Binder
Our sister site EverydayFoodStorage.NET
I Can’t Believe It’s Food Storage book by Crystal Godfrey
Country Beans book by Rita Bingham