Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Food Storage Recipes: Super Cherry Pie

My favorite desserts always revolve around cherries. Cherry cheesecake, cherry pie, cherry cobbler. Why does cherry pie filling have to be so delicious? My mom has the BEST cherry pie recipe ever but I always hate to make it because I don’t typically keep sweetened condensed milk on hand (even though I SHOULD!) and it’s kind of expensive too. So when I discovered you can make this magical ingredient using your food storage POWDERED MILK I was just thrilled and had to share my joy with you all. So thanks to my dear mother, here is a fantastic dessert you will have to try yourself!



Super Cherry Pie Recipe

Ingredients:
1/3 c. slivered almonds – press into pie shell before baking, then bake
1 c. Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk*
1 tsp. vanilla
½ c. cream, whipped
1/3 c. lemon juice
½ tsp. almond extract

Directions:
Mix together all ingredients in the order listed. Pour into pie shell and top with 1 can of Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling. Refrigerate 3 hours or longer.



*Recipe for Eagle Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz can)

From http://everydayfoodstorage.net

1/2 C. hot water
1 C. Powdered Milk
1 C. Sugar
1 T. Butter

Directions: Blend in blender very well. Can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment