Today’s broadcast discusses options for setting up, finding and selection of a bug out location, (also called a BOL or fall back location). There is also a bit of follow up on yesterdays show about the swine flu and some other little pieces of advice.
Tune in today to hear about…
- How far is far enough away, how close is to close
- Does a BOL have to be remote, think about Hurricane Katrina
- Why a bug out location is a highly personal choice and what you want is most important
- Hidden gotchas to watch out for in buying a second piece of property
- Why tent camping is not a good idea for your BOL and why you really need a structure ASAP
- Starting with an outbuilding is a good option
- Thoughts on over looked benefits of mountain land
- My personal big 4, (water on property, guns are acceptable, land is good for growing food and livestock are welcome in the community)
- Is the Northwest the most ideal place, thoughts on rough winters and possible global cooling
- Watch out for potential annexation by surrounding towns/cities
- Buyers covenants are good, home owners associations are evil!
- If you move permanently to your BOL you no longer have a fall back position
- Stay away from major roads, roving hordes are not the only reason
- Know the community you have chosen before you buy
- The hidden danger on land that borders “National Forest”, etc.
- Have redundancy options for your well, (manual, solar, something not grid dependent)
- Using slope to your advantage with water harvesting