FlipBoard

Welcome to our new Magazine format! All new content will now be brought to you in this easy, new format. All our older content can still be found by scrolling below. Simply click the ">" to start the magazine and navigate via your arrow keys.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Recipe: Thousand Island Dressing

My favorite salad dressing is 1000 Island Dressing. I know, it has a lot of calories, and really isn't good for me, but I can't help myself. So... I found this easy recipe and it tastes pretty good!

Ingredients:
1 stalk celery
1 small onion
2 large hard-boiled eggs
2 tablespoons parsley
1 cup mayonnaise
2-3 tablespoons ketchup (or chili sauce)

Directions:
I use a twist-chopper to finely mince the celery, onion, parsley and eggs. You could just chop these very fine. Add the mayonnaise and ketchup, and mix well. Makes about 2 cups (enough for about 3-4 salads for me!)

Note: also works well as a big-mack sauce. :>)

Copyright (c) 2009 VP Lawrence-Williams


Original: http://www.survival-cooking.com/2009/04/recipe-thousand-island-dressing.html