This is a friendly reminder from Food Storage Made Easy to take care of some of your “maintenance items” this weekend. If you are a member of the LDS Church we like to recommend that you take care of these things on conference weekend since it is a consistent event every six months. If you are not LDS, never fear, we will make sure to do a blog post around this time every six months as well. So make sure you are subscribed to our RSS feeds so you don’t miss a single post!
- Empty out your water jugs, check for leaks or cracks
- Refill the jugs with fresh water and add bleach if your water is not chlorinated
- Purchase a new bottle of bleach for emergency purification if your current bottle is expired
- Change out the perishable food items from your 72 Hour Kit
- Update seasonal or outgrown clothing in Disaster Kits for young children
- Remind your family of your Family Emergency Plan