FlipBoard

Welcome to our new Magazine format! All new content will now be brought to you in this easy, new format. All our older content can still be found by scrolling below. Simply click the ">" to start the magazine and navigate via your arrow keys.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Fire Kits in stock


Fire kit

Fire kit

I have been getting my backpack and car kits updated and doing a lot of wilderness survival review lately. I decided to make myself a good fire kit since I didn’t have one that met all of my needs. I came up with the one you see in the picture and I believe it is all the fire kit I will ever need.

The kit has 3 ways to start a fire, 5 types of tinder and a way to make more char cloth if needed (if you have a 100% cotton shirt on in the bush).

After building my kit I decided I would try and sell them since I have never seen a fire kit that comes with this much. I teamed up with GoingGear.com (a great store in general) to sell these kits. They are priced at only $14.99 right now so I’m not making a fortune on these. If you buy one let me know what you think. Please send me both good and bad opinions because one of you might see a way to improve it that I have missed.

Fir Kit Contents:

  • Unmarked/Unpainted metal tin
  • Char cloth
  • Matches
  • PJ cotton balls
  • Fine steel wool
  • Fatwood
  • Wax and sawdust fire starter
  • 1/4″ x 3″ firesteel
  • Chrome capsule lighter
  • Hacksaw blade piece

Click here to check out the going gear product page for this kit. (I’m told they will have video’s up soon reviewing this kit)


Original; http://everydayprepper.wordpress.com/2009/04/03/fire-kits-in-stock/