FlipBoard

Welcome to our new Magazine format! All new content will now be brought to you in this easy, new format. All our older content can still be found by scrolling below. Simply click the ">" to start the magazine and navigate via your arrow keys.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Essential Power Tools

I recently did a post on Essential Hand Tools, so now I figure I owe you guys one on Essential Power Tools.

1.) NO MAN SHOULD BE WITHOUT #1 - Drill (Corded or Cordless) - There are so many uses for this tool I am not sure how one would go without.

2.) NO MAN SHOULD BE WITHOUT #2 - Circular Saw - someone who is skilled with a circular saw can do amazing things that most of us need a table saw to do.

With the first two items a handy person has almost all of what is needed to build a house!

3.) Orbital Sander - great for general sanding and smoothing of surfaces.

4.) Jig Saw - a must if you want to do any type of curved cutting.

5.) Sawzall - I use thing mostly for demo but it is great for cutting in certain circumstances and in tight spaces.

6.) Table Saw - used to rip sheets of plywood or dimensional lumber that would VERY difficult if not impossible with a circular saw. I just used mine when repairing my fence to rip down a picket to 2 inches to fill an odd gap.

7.) Router - this is used to finish the edges of wood or put a decorative edge on them.

8.) Grinder (Benchtop) - I use mine all the time when sharpening my ax or my lawn mower blade.

9.) Compound Mitre Saw - if you do finish carpentry...this is the right tool to have. I would never even consider putting up molding or trim without one.

10.) Belt Sander - this is used when you have a lot of wood or a large surface area to sand. You need to be careful with this because you can remove a lot of wood in a short amount of time.

Having the right tool for the job is paramount and will make that job easy and more importantly successful.

...that is all.

Original: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/BeASurvivor/~3/xHQ9CPmC-N0/essential-power-tools.html