FlipBoard

Welcome to our new Magazine format! All new content will now be brought to you in this easy, new format. All our older content can still be found by scrolling below. Simply click the ">" to start the magazine and navigate via your arrow keys.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stock Up Challenge Week #14

No, I haven’t fallen off the face of the Earth. Just had a minor thing like my washing machine stop working this week. If you ever take a piece of my advice, please let it be the post about keeping your laundry maintained. I usually let it pile on up until the weekend and then hurry and get it done. No more of that for me! Thankfully I had done a few loads, but then it happened. Just what the problem is I’m not sure and we’ll have to wait until Thursday to find out. Too bad I didn’t marry an appliance repair man! Just kidding!

Okay, here’s what I bought this last week. Yes, I know I skipped a week. You don’t need to remind me. Anyway, here’s what I bought last week:

1 Box Cornmeal

2 Jars Pears

2 Cans Ravioli

Total cost for week #13: $9.98

Not bad for trying to cut costs and still stock up. I’ll try to keep the challenge around the $10 price tag so it’s not such a burden on the budget. You could even cut this down to $5 per week and still have a nice stocked pantry in a few months. Do it now - prices are just going to go higher.

Stock up challenge week #14:

4 Cans Beans - whatever kind you like and use

1 Bottle Canola Oil

Have a great week!


Original: http://survivallady.com/?p=186