Submissions     Contact     Advertise     Donate     BlogRoll     Subscribe                         

Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple Oil Lamps for the Homestead...





If you consider yourself following the homesteader / self reliance mindset , I hope you got at least one good ol oil lamp.My favorite are the ones seen in the picture of the few I own in my meager collection 4 that mount to a wall and one that is for a table,plus one more that is a lanterns.



You could say "Our electric service is typically undependable 3-5 days a year atleast.



I have used them several times in my house right now, all are ready to go,need to get one or two on store for standby. like the look of the old wick style lamps, and the fact that they give off a considerable amount of heat, so if the power goes out, I can have light and some heat as well.
Have A Great Weekend All!




Original: http://scoutinlife.blogspot.com/2009/02/simple-oil-lamps-for-homestead.html

No comments:

Post a Comment